Wednesday, January 20

Chapel Club - 'O Maybe I'

. Wednesday, January 20

The lineage from Ian Curtis's flailing arms and pitch black sentiment through to last years success of White Lies shows a slow but steep decline in standards. Almost certainly due to draw comparisons to White Lies are Chapel Club, a band I should really hate but find myself increasingly drawn to.

Their new single 'O Maybe I' is a big slice of polished pop noir, its glossy bombast an expensive wave to wash away scuzzy lo-fi bedroom recordings. It would be naive to call this the start of something huge but given twelve months you can't imagine this band being anything other than a big deal.

Chapel Club - O Maybe I by BoringByTheSea
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn shit review...

Post a Comment